Cyber Attack – MONDAY

15
May
2017

Posted by News Editor

Posted in News

0 Comments
News in Brief

 



Here is the latest statement from Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (Monday 15 May)

“We can confirm that the radiology services affected by the national cyber-attack at Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital have been restored. There was no data loss or impact on other services.

“Staff worked very hard over the weekend to minimise the impact on patients and as a result there have been few cancelled appointments. Patients with an appointment should attend as normal, unless specifically contacted by the hospital.

“The walk in x-ray service at Basingstoke hospital will remain closed for patients referred by their GP for the rest of the day. Patients can attend Royal Hampshire County Hospital, Andover War Memorial Hospital or Alton Community Hospital as an alternative. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

“Our priority has been to restore our radiology services, and like other Trusts affected working with NHS Digital, we will continue to do all we can to protect our systems for the future.”

Theresa May had earlier said the Government is not aware of any evidence that patient records have been compromised in the massive cyber attack on the NHS.

The Prime Minister said the ransomware hit was “not targeted” at the health service but was part of a wider assault on organisations across a number of countries.