Curtain Up At Mayflower
Posted by News Editor
Posted in News
New colour scheme for Grade II theatre’s 90th Anniversary
Ta-dah! The Mayflower has revealed its new look after 11 weeks of work… and there’s not an inch of green in sight!
Wowsers. Here it is then… the result of 11 weeks of hard work in a £7.5m makeover for the Mayflower. We’ll say it again… wowsers!
The work has included:
- Repainting the entire auditorium, with a brand-new red and gold colour scheme
- Removing all of the seats in the stalls and circle and replacing with 1,659 brand-new (and wider) seats
- Reupholstering all seats in the balcony
- Installing new environmentally-friendly LED lighting
- Increasing accessibility, with better facilities for people with disabilities
- Moving the orchestra pit to under the stage
- Renovating the plasterwork
Funny, we don’t think we’re going to miss that green at all…